Monday, June 8, 2009

Retirement!

I gave my formal notice of intention to take medical retirement on Friday, June 5th. Because today is a "work day", I find that it feels very freeing, in spite of already having been off on long-term disability for years, to know that that part of my life is more-or-less settled. There are still lots of "i"s to dot and "t"s to cross, naturally, but the hard decisions have already been made.

Today, I let myself just go with the flow, enjoying the significance of this day, and the feelings that it evokes.

Tomorrow, I will settle down to tackle other things on my to-do list.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited - I'm the first person to respond to Tiggie's first post on her spanking new blog!

    Yes, girl, I did it! It's finally official...I'll be here until June 30th....on "vacation" (ie accrued overtime) until July 10th, back for the on the 13th of July to finish some month-end stuff, then start in my new job on the 14th! GRIN!

    ReplyDelete